Home-fried potatoes are delicious, but mostly prepared with too butter or too much oil. The following recipe is is a tasty and a low fat version of homefries which is healthy. A small amount of water is used to keep the homefries moist instead of dousing them with fat.
Things You Need:
* 1 potato per desired serving
* 1-2 cloves garlic per desired serving
* 2-3 slices of onion per desired serving
* 1 teaspoon paprika, pepper and salt
* 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
* About 2-4 table spoons of water
1. Cut each potatoes in half lengthwise and slice each half thinly.
2. Cut the garlic into pieces and then chop the onion.
3. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
4. Add the onions and garlic. Until the onions become slightly translucent, saute them over medium heat for one or two minutes.
5. After reducing heat to low, add the potatoes. Add just one or two table spoons of water and cover.
6. Add one teaspoon paprika, pepper and salt
7. Uncover and stir the potatoes once every five to ten minutes. Also, if the potatoes start to stick, add one more tablespoon of water.
8. When a fork pierces the potatoes easily, it means they are done. At this time, our home fried potatoes are ready to eat. Have a nice meal.